Cruise & Stay in Northern Spain
Cantabria, San Sebastian, Bilbao
One of the most beautiful areas of the Spanish coastline, the Cantabrian ‘Cornisa’ lies on the Costa Verde (green coast) between the resort of San Vicente de le Barquera to the west and the old fishing port of Castro Urdiales to the east. The small resort of Isla lies directly on the coast between the popular resort of Laredo and the lovely city of Santander. Its long, sandy beaches are perfect for relaxation and its location is ideal for touring the surrounding area. Highlights include Bilbao and San Sebastian, both nestled in the Bay of Biscay, surrounded by the mountainous Basque Country.
Days 1 – 2 Departure: 1030 - 1130 hrs. Take the 1715 hrs overnight cruise ferry from Portsmouth to Santander, arriving at 1800 hrs the next day. Hotel check-in. Dinner is included for the next 5 nights.
Day 3 Visit Bilbao. A must see is Frank Gehry’s striking Guggehheim Museum on the banks of the River Nervión. Explore the ‘7 streets’ of the Casco Viejo, (Bilbaos old quarter), the Gothic cathedral, or maybe take the funicular up Mount Arxtanda for a fantastic view.
Day 4 Visit San Sebastian. European Capital of Culture 2016. This city is complimented by world class beaches, framed by a picturesque bayfront promenade, along with the most Michelin stars per capita in the world. Explore the cobblestoned old town (Parte Vieja), the Museo San Telmo, and the citys two cathedrals.
Day 5 Spend the day at leisure, or alternatively our driver will offer you a tour to Santona Market and the long sandy beach at Loredo.
Day 6 Half-day tour to Castro Urdiales, a charming town and fishing port with a rich tradition and tourist atmosphere aided by its beaches.
Day 7 Travel to Santander, giving you some free time to explore. Take the 1515 hrs overnight cruise ferry to Portsmouth.
Day 8 Dock in Portsmouth at around 1415 hrs. Arrive home: teatime/early evening.
• Return coach travel
• Return cruise ferry fares
• A berth in a 2 berth inside cabin with bunks (good fitness level is required)
• 5 nights hotel accommodation
• Welcome drink
• Continental self-service buffet breakfast
• 3 course dinner (2 choices) plus after dinner tea/coffee (starter/dessert are self-service buffet)
• Mineral water and house wine at dinner
• Farewell meal with seafood main course, Rioja red wine, white wine & Potes liquor
• Wine tasting on one evening prior to dinner at hotel
• Happy House in hotel café each day between 5pm & 7pm
• Hotel porter service
• Guided tour of Bilbao
• Guided tour of San Sebastian
• All coach tours
FULL 10 YEAR BRITISH PASSPORT REQUIRED.
Currency required – Euros.
Limited number of singles available.
Cruise Ferry Information – Brittany Ferries – Pont-Aven
Sail overnight each way aboard Brittany Ferries’ luxurious £100m flagship ferry, Pont-Aven, from Portsmouth to Santander. Features include:
• a superb pool and leisure area
• a wrap around promenade for pleasant deck strolls
• a dramatic five deck high atrium with panoramic views from the lifts
• on-board entertainment with live music, resident duos, DJ, cabaret, and pianist (seasonal)
• two cinemas
• video games rooms
• tourist information
• Free Wi-Fi
• Spa treatment rooms (extra cost)
The Pont-Aven offers a wide range of dining options – The à la carte La Flora restaurant offers a buffet or set menu. Le Belle Angele is an informal self-service restaurant and Le Café du Festival is self-service and is open 24 hours. There are three bars, Le Grand Pavois Main
Bar, Les Finisteres Pool Bar and Le Fastnet Piano Bar.
Cruise Ferry Cabins
All en-suite cabins have air-conditioning, linen, towels, soap and shower gel. Included in the price is a berth in a 2 berth inside cabin with upper and lower berths (bunks – a good fitness level is required).
For more information about the Pont Aven and to take an online virtual tour of the ferry, please see: www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/fleet/pont-aven
Brittany Ferries 2019 timetable is not yet confirmed. Therefore routes/sailing times/ship details are subject to change. Brittany Ferries require minimum passenger numbers of 30.
Hotel Olimpo, Isla
Located in a beautiful setting in the Cuarezos Estate, Isla, the hotel is surrounded by 20,000 square metres of gardens. The hotel provides direct access to the beaches of Suances and La Barrosa and it’s a 5 minute walk from the peninsula to the town centre.
Bedrooms: En-suite with TV, telephone, safe, air-conditioning and hairdryer, balcony or terrace, radio and mini-bar. NO tea/coffee making facilities.
Facilities: Bar, lounge, restaurant, café, adult and children’s swimming pools, gym, tennis court, sun lounge and music each night in the coffee shop.
Mobility Information: Lift serves all 3 floors. No ground floor bedrooms.
• Lunches are extra cost
• Meals on board the cruise ferry are at extra cost. Booking required once onboard ship
• Hotel single room supplement £114.00
• Sea view bedrooms are an extra cost of £70.00 per room per stay
• Single occupancy cabins are based on a 2 berth inside cabin with upper and lower berths. Single occupancy supplement is £55.00**
• Supplement for an inside cabin accommodating 2 passengers in 2 x lower berths – £45.00 per person total. Single occupancy is not available
• Supplement for an outside cabin accommodating 2 passengers in 2 x lower berths – £70.00 per person total. Single occupancy is £251.00**
∗∗Single cabin supplements are in addition to the hotel’s single supplement of £114.00
Click here to view our available pickup points.